Thursday, July 12, 2012

A taste of poetry.

As promised, here is some of my writing. To start with, I'm putting some of my poems up. I may have put them up already on my main blog (The Non-Twilight Zone) but here is where they belong. I hope that you like these. ^-^

Doctor Who

 Traveling through time and space,
Always moving, never at a constant pace.
Hoping around without so much as a thought,
Sometimes landing in the wrong spot.
Armed only with a sonic screwdriver,
Always the one to be the survivor.
Always to be strong,
Even if he is wrong.
Forever alone,
Although he is well-known.
Never having peace at mind,
Always on the look out for something greater to find.
He is as like a ghost,
Not knowing whether to stay or go.
Someday he may find peace,
But we do know that he will not cease.



Unrequited Love

    I went looking for you,
How did I know you were looking too?
Looking to find something to appease the brain,
To put your mind at ease or lessen the pain.

I can not believe that I found you,
But even now I'm wondering if you can see me too.
I call and call out your name,
But how do I know this is not just a game?

How come I want you so bad?
You always seem so glad.
I wonder how I can make you see,
That I can be the bird and you the bee.

This is life,
It can cut like a knife.
I want to be by your side,
But in your heart, can I reside?



A Door


I lay my head on this pillow,
And wait for the sun to rise.
I do not know what I'm waiting for,
I just hope to see his eyes.

Longing and waiting,
Yes these are my friends.
Constant companions
To a pain that never ends.

The days are long,
the nights drag on,
And yet will I ever know
What you are thinking,
And if I shall be forever alone?

Words are all they are,
yet they mean so much more,
to a girl whose heart throbs
 
and waits for door.
A door that will lead to my hearts desires,
that will take me far away.
Or perhaps just a door,
So that I may see you from far away?


No comments:

Post a Comment