Thursday, April 17, 2014

Creative titling is sometimes hard...

I always wonder if I am blogging about the right things. I have thought this even before taking this class where there were guidelines. However, I then usually turn around and remember that it is kind of hard to write about the wrong things when you are the supreme over-seer of your blog... I have odd musings like this often.

The degree that I wish to pursue is a literary one, I do believe. After I graduate from Ivy tech, hopefully next year, I would like to go to IUK and get my Bachelor's in English. More specifically, I would like to get it in editing.

I know that pretty much everything made up of words has an editor, newspapers, books, journals, etc, both online and printed. I suppose that I assume that editors can work for publishing agencies, because I think that it would be fantastic to work for somewhere like Random House Publishing. Imagine if you were able to read a book before it hit it really big. I know, I know, reading through something like that for your job is not for fun. But still. In later years you COULD have the chance to say, “Yeah.. I talked directly to that author a while back.” I don't know.. I just think that it would be pretty cool to do that.

I kind of choose editing because I love words, and I am a writer. The only problem with being a writer is that I do not write on a steady enough basis. So, while I will more than likely always keep writing as a hobby, I need something else to send me places in life. And thus, I chose editing.

Interesting little bits of useless information.

~Montana

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that you want to go in to a literary field when you get done with school. We definitely need people like you in this life because without you how would we have poems, books, plays, articles, etc. We need writers to make this life interesting. Reading is like a stress reliever for me, and without the writes how would I be able to read my favorite books? I am by no means a good writer, My brain is not creative when it comes to writing a story, so I am super glad we have people like you! I wondered the same things when I blogged if I was blogging about the right things, but like you said blogging is about you. About what you want to talk about and say, there are no rules! Thank you for your blog post!
    Chelsey Meyer

    ReplyDelete