Wednesday, April 9, 2014

To the battlefield!

This blogging thing keeps escaping me. I honestly love to do it, but it is being pushed behind all of my other homework... Poor blog,

What to write for this time... What to write for this time... Hmmm... Maybe I will write this time about The River of Time series by Lisa T. Bergern.

I do not think that this series has had enough press. I seriously think that when it comes to fiction, this series is the best that I have read. It is based in medieval Italy a few years before the plague sets in. The whole series, which for right now is three books and two novellas, is full of drama and emotion, but it always has a satisfying ending.

For the majority of the novels, the focus is on Gabi and her sister Lia. They start off in the present but find an interesting way in which to travel back into time. Once there, they meet the tall, dark, and mysterious knights from castello Forelli. This is where most of the books takes place. However, places like Sienna and Firenze are also present.

Like any good story, there is some war, some betrayal, some sadness, but like I said, it always seems to come out alright in the end. If you like novels that are written extremely well, by a wonderful author, and that contain a wondrous adventure, I would definitely say that you need to read this series!

~Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment