Monday, April 14, 2014

Freezing Muses

Cold weather... Again. I understand that this is supposed to happen in the spring, but the snow that we are supposed to be getting later tonight is simply ridiculous.

Even though there are four more weeks of school left and not a lot of time to be reading right now, I have been thinking about things that I would like to read. I would like to read some of the older things like Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare, which I own in the original, almost impossible to read old English. I would also like to read some more of Edgar Allen Poe's works.

I know that both are more on the macabre side of the printed text, but I think that things like that are interesting. I enjoy the way that scenes and people and objects and places are described to the reader. While it may be a little bit on the darker side of describing things, I kind of think that a lot of these kinds of texts have better descriptions and are worded better than their more cheerful counterparts. (I blame my mother and step-father for my oddness in thinking like this. They are the ones who introduced me to this world. I can say this because my mother LOVES Vincent Price movies, which are typically old, creepy, macabre, etc.)

I am not sure if I will actually be able to get around to reading these things on my list, but it would be nice if I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment